Monday, June 20, 2011

Pinterest!

Have you heard about Pinterest?  If you haven't, you are missing out on a treasure trove!!!  It is my favorite new addiction, by far..  And when I say "addiction", I mean that I could stay on the website for HOURS!  Let me tell you a little about it so I can get you addicted as well...



Pinterest is like a virtual cork board.  Let me explain.   You know how you go to a website or blog and think "Oh my gosh, I have to save this to my "Favorites" because I want to have access to how to make this recipe at a later date..."?  And at that "later date", you want to make the recipe, but you cannot remember which site in your "Favorites" the recipe is located?  AND, when you save the site into your "Favorites", you save the whole site, not just the individual post where the recipe is located?  It's a virtual nightmare, is it not????



Enter... Pinterest!







Here's how it works.  


  • Click on my link to get to Pinterest.   
  • You either request an "Invite" from an existing member on Pinterest (that's me!), or you "Sign Up" to be a member.   Signing up does take a little bit of time to be approved, so it's quicker if you request an invite from an existing member.   
  • Once you are a member, you create "boards".  This is why I refer to Pinterest as a "virtual cork board".  You can name your boards whatever you like that makes sense to your collection.  For instance, I have "Recipes to Try" and "Books Worth Reading" to name a few. 
  • Start "Pinning"!  If you are surfing the internet and come across something you like and want to remember for later, you "pin" the item to whatever board you want it to go to.  Pinterest gives you a nifty little icon for your bookmarks toolbar that when you click, you can easily pin!  
  • Anyone who is following my boards will see my "pins" and if they like what I've found while "surfing", they can repin from my board!  Likewise, anyone I'm following, I can repin their internet "finds" for me to refer back at a later time.  
If you want an invitation, just let me know and I'll send you one.  Thanks for reading!





4 comments:

  1. I think I need a pinning 12 step program, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tracy! I am addicted to Pinterest, too! It's kinda like having a giant, fun wish list. I'm heading over to check out your boards. Happy that I found your blog. :)

    ~julie~ aka Rusty Relics
    Oakleaf Hollow on Etsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I need to check Pinterest out but I have a hard enough time keeping up with my blog as it is. I think it will have to go on my to do list! Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave such a nice comment. Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete