Thursday, October 27, 2011

Diners, Drive-ins and Dives - Asheville Style!

As I posted in an this post, I went to an event in Asheville, NC this month with my friend Heidi.  

We began the trip early on a Thursday morning to Asheville, NC.  The fall foliage was incredible!  We both wished we were able to take more pictures on the way up, but we would have been side-swiped by the crazy drivers on the road if we had stopped!  


On the trip up, I had used my iPhone to search for locations where Guy Fieri visited in Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.  12 Bones was highly recommended and it's where we set our GPS.




As you can see, it was a DIVE.  However, look at that line!  I've been told that when President Obama visited Asheville, he requested ribs from this place to be delivered to his hotel...  And by the looks of this plate, I don't blame him!




Ladies and Gents, I can tell you from experience, this food was DELICIOUS!  The cornbread had a little bite to it.. .the corn pudding was "O.M.G. delicious"... the mac and cheese was inhaled (by me) and the ribs were "finger lickin' good"!  It was well worth the stop in Asheville!  I'm looking forward to a drive with hubby up there and we will definitely be stopping at 12 Bones!

3 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhh amn! Does that look fabulous!

    m ^..^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my ... I'm going with you next time HAHA ... I'll have to get my Sweetie to take me there, he won't complain if there's food involved :))

    (())

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your texts on this subject are correct, see how I wrote this site is really very good. Asheville logo design

    ReplyDelete