Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Once Upon a Dream... Day Two

 If you read my earlier post HERE, you know that I promised you a look at Day Two of my magical adventure to Jenn Hayslip's Once Upon a Dream Prairie Fairytale Event.   This post is me fulfilling that promise.  And while Day One was beautiful, nothing compared to the beauty of Day Two.   There are a LOT of pictures here because I cannot do it justice with just words.... 

Jenn scheduled our event to take place at Claxton Farms in Asheville, NC.  If I remember correctly, Claxton Farms is the second largest privately owned piece of property in the Asheville area.  Of course, the first is Biltmore.  (More about Biltmore on Day Three!)   Because the event took place in the middle of October, the views were breathtaking.  The leaves were turning so beautifully.  I could have spent the entire day outside and would have been happy.  It's the perfect backdrop to a beautiful wedding or event.





















This is the building where we spent the day.



This picture is looking from the side of the building.



There is even a Bridal Boughery.  Can you imagine the bride getting dressed with her "ladies in waiting" in here?






No detail was left out... Jenn thought of everything.  Even giving us a beautiful entryway. (Jenn is in the brown dress.)

We were greeted by a beautiful sign...


The inside decorations were as beautiful as Mother Nature's...

A "Dream" banner...




And below that... A sign welcoming all Fairies....

Our seat assignments were identified by each table's name... I was at the "Tinkerbells" table...




This lovely "lady" greeted us...



Behind the "lady" hung a beautiful canvas painted by Natasha Burns herself!  It was huge!


Our tables were exquisite!  Look at those place settings!



And the trees as a centerpiece!


A tiny shoe hanging off of the tree...





Karla Nathan made mushrooms that I coveted.

There was a beautifully made bag for our sweets!


A white chocolate fairy on a stick...


And even pixie dust!


Even our chairs were decorated beautifully!  And contained SWAG!


Look at this bag!


And the decorations...














Our first class was with Andrea Singarella.  I was so excited to take her class.  It was the first time that I have ever made jewelry.

My new friend Sylvia.  She is so lovely! 

Jenn was so good with the details, that she even created us a "photo booth"!


Me and Heidi!

Cute Heidi!

Dee Foust's project for us... an amazing clouche...

Day Two did not disappoint...  I was blown away at the stunning beauty of the event.  It truly felt as if the day was magical.  Stay tuned for future pictures of Biltmore!  Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I treasure all of the memories and friendships from this trip. It was everything I hoped it would be. I am so thankful we were able to spend this magical weekend together like Thelma and Louise! Love you girl, Heidi

    ReplyDelete